This eye surgery doesn’t really hurt all that much, but when they say not to touch your eye it sure starts to itch.
Again with the spelling, but they are only second graders.
- Sending a fifth grader back to the teacher for misbehaving during the very first class you see.
- Taking a first grader to the counselor because she’s crying about family problems.
- A second grader left late after school and telling you cheerfully that it’s not the first time her mom’s been late.
- Finding three, count ’em, three library books have been chewed by dogs while you were gone and two were lost in a fire. [I don’t think we’ve lost that many to dogs in the last three years].
- Walking into the cafeteria and having a group of kids repeat “It’s her!” like you’re a movie star, just because they’ve missed you.
- Having a second grader accost you and say “You know that book I checked out two days ago?”
- Wanting to reply to the second grader, “No, my ESP is apparently not working.”
- Many, many hugs from students and staff.
- A great welcome-back banner signed by many, many students and staff.